|Sometimes you'll find coins, which can be used to buy rare and necessary items in the dwarves' store.|
It's not possible to sell things at the shop.
Coins can be found randomly while mining, as an additional possible drop from every natural block, i.e., blocks placed by dwarfs have no chance of dropping coins when dug.
Tricky Toki Statue
The Tricky Toki Statue may increase the chances of getting coins when mining.
When placed inside or outside the shelter, it increases the chances of finding coins. Monsters cannot destroy statues.
Differently from Gunnar Ironfist or Rorry Stoneskin statues, the bonus from Tricky Toki does stack, but with disminishing amounts; i.e., there is a benefit of placing more than one Tricky Toki, but this benefit is smaller the more statues are placed.
A lot of creatures have at least a small chance of dropping coins:
|Skeleton with Shield||1||5%|
|Big Zombie||1||10 %|
|Orc Boss Skeleton||1||10%|
|Ice Elf Spearman||1||30 %|
|Ice Elf Bowman||1||30 %|
|Mechanical Guardian||5 or 10||100%|
|Keeper of the Altar||50||100%|
- The dust inside hidden rooms have a 10% chance of dropping 1 coins.
- In the Desert World:
- Vases inside the pyramides will drop one coin each.
- The main chest will drop 10 coins.
- In the Underground World:
- Orc tombs inside cave goblin camps will drop 4 coins.
- Bones inside the black dragons caves have 20% chance of dropping 1 coin.
- Black dragons nests will drop 4 or 8 coins.
- Cave goblin camp structures may drop different amount of coins.
There are two Steam achievements related to coins.
The first is easy to get and requires no focused effort; playing the game casually, the player will find the 200 coins sooner or later.
The second, about the mercenaries, can only be accomplished in the Underground Biome and requires some hours playing the game focusing on this objective. The player will have to dig around 60% of all blocks (back and foreground) of the map, in order to get enough coins to pay for mercenaries.
|Use at least 50 mercenaries during 1 battle at the biome|
- This is the inventory name of the item. In game files it's called