|These silly creatures fly through the tunnels with great dexterity. They keep their distance from their foes and aggressively hurl fireballs, especially near their lava nests.|
area damage + knockback
3 in the Underground World
| Coin x3|
Bones x2 (60% chance)
Bones x4 (40% chance)
Iron Axe (25% chance)
Steel Sword (25% chance)
Leather Armor (20% chance)
Steel Armor (15% chance)
Silver Armor (8% chance)
Mithril Helmet (4% chance)
Behavior[edit | edit source]
They are ranged creatures, usually flying away from attackers and shooting fireballs at their enemies.
Attack[edit | edit source]
The dragon fireball attack has an area damage and a important knockback effect. The damage value itself is irrelevant, if dwarfs have a minimum armor. It starts being annoying if there is a group of dragons attacking. The knockback effect though is extremely dangerous, especially if dwarfs are fighting near a lava hole and if many dragons hurl their fireballs more or less together. The knockback effect does accumulate and can sometimes throw dwarfs violently and directly into the deep lava, with no chances of saving them, even if in direct control.
Underground World[edit | edit source]
Stealing Eggs[edit | edit source]
- open a portal one block over the egg (if the portal is open at the same block of the egg, it becomes very hard to interact with the egg);
- give orders to build 2 earth blocks, one an each side of the egg, to prevent the egg falling in lava;
- give order to remove the egg;
- wait for one of the 3 dwarf in this lava site to pick up the egg;
- click the "Siege Mode" button, to force them to go back home;
- wait for all 3 dwarfs to pass back through the portal;
- close the portal to avoid anyone going to promenade at the lava.
- It's important to have a good number of dwarfs around the main stockpile before you start this operation, because you need 3 dwarfs to work toghether at this. If not, you'll have one coming and placing the 1st earth block, than, when the 1st block is already burning, comes another dwarf to place the 2nd block, than, when there is no more earth blocks besides the egg, comes the 3rd dwarf to remove the egg, that will fall in the lava. So, have some idle dwarfs home, before going to this.
- It's also good to have removed the initial fog of war around the area so you can see that there is no dragon around the nest. You can not do this operation with a dragon around. To scout the area you can use the magic light spell; or take direct control of a dwarf and swim over the lava until his health is almost gone, than open a portal over him and climb/pass through it. If you find a dragon, climb the wall, it will ignore you. If the dragon goes away, go down and keep swimming. If not, open a portal and go back home.
Farming Dragons[edit | edit source]
Dragons can be very useful late-game, since they're sure to drop 3 coins, they spawn regularly and will never run out, they can be an infinite source of coin and consequently an infinite source of any resource that can be bought on shop.
Create shaft holes to the lava level so dragons can, from time to time, exit from there going up. Place a wooden hatch there so you can block the dragons way back to the lava. Also, placing hatches and using them properly allow you to fight one dragon at a time. If you can afford, an iron hatch is better as it can not be burned by the dragons' fireball. But the eventual fire on the wooden hatch isn't a big of a deal, as you can click on it and order "extinguish". Always remember to close the hatch before killing the dragon to avoid the loot falling down into the lava.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
|1.4.014||15 Feb 2018||Blocks next to the lava are gradually charred, ignited and then destroyed depending on the durability of their material and the height above the lava.|
Wooden furniture (including hatches and ladders) can be burned by ennemy fire.
|1.2.003||23 Dec 2015||Fixed: notification about attacked enemies dwarfs no longer appears if they were attacked by the dragon.|
|0.9.035||19 Sep 2014||Fixed bug with dragon freezing when scaling.|
|0.9.012||31 Dec 2013||Fixed crash related to dragons.|
|0.9.010||19 Dec 2013||Fixed bug: dragons stop attacking dwarfs.|
References[edit | edit source]
- Dragon is the bestiary name of this creature. In game files, the red dragon appears as
little_dragonand its purple version in the Underground World appears as
little_dragon_black. This last name though is binded to the Black Dragon description, which is another creature, with a specific skin, a stronger attack and even more health.
- According to the bestiary classification.