|A flock of gargoyles attacks the fortress and dwarves from above. They turn to stone at sunrise but may come to life when dark comes.|
| Slime (70% chance)|
Bones (70% chance)
Skeleton's Mace (25% chance)
Coin (10% chance)
- This article is about the wave monster. For the statue monster on secret rooms, see: Ancient Gargoyle.
- Not to be confused with the decorative statues: gargoyle frontal and lateral.
Fossilized Gargoyle[edit | edit source]
|Gargoyles are nocturnal creatures and can't take the sunlight, which turns them into stone.|
Ghost interaction[edit | edit source]
If a ghost reaches the stockpile, it will prioritize throwing a stone gargoyle over everything else. If it is thrown out of the stockpile during the night, it will turn back into a normal gargoyle and begin attacking dwarfs again.
The player may handle this nuisance by:
- Disassambling fossilized gargoyles to get some of the resources listed below; or
- Letting them come back to life for, maybe, get some coins, with 10% chance for each gargoyle. To do this, it's recomended to have static defenses like frogolisks and owlcats around the stockpile to avoid needing any special attention every time a gargoyle comes out.
Disassembling[edit | edit source]
Fossilized gargoyles are not craftable, but the player may get some of these resources below when disassembling it.
|Item to be disassembled|
|Disassembled Material Grid|
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Bestiary classification.
- In game files it appears as