We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Resources in Craft the World come in many varieties and come from different sources. Some are infinitely abundant, while others are limited by the size of the map - with everything else falling somewhere in between.
Infinite Resources[edit | edit source]
These resources can be collected/harvested indefinitely with a proper supply setup or through natural growth.
Tree & Bush components[edit | edit source]
- Roots - Every tree has a chance to grow roots in the dirt block below it - you need only to mine the block to unlock the roots
- Berries - also drop leaves and roots in the same manner as trees
Water[edit | edit source]
- Can be gathered off the ground (before it evaporates) or from stone-lined pools.
- Can be forced using the Rain or Snow spell.
- Can be melted from snow or ice on Snow World.
Animal components[edit | edit source]
- Bones - (also from hostile monsters)
- Chitin - from many animals, but completely useless currently (prior to 1.1.007 however, chitin can be used to make chitin armor in the 4th world).
- Slime - from snails
- Wool - from sheep
Monster (Hostile) components[edit | edit source]
- Bones - (also from animals)
- Eyes - from Beholders only
- Needles - from Dark Creature
- Stone - from deconstructing a petrified Gargoyle during the day
- Zombie Brains
- Web - from spider nests and Ghosts
Underground spawns[edit | edit source]
- Needle Crystal
- Pink Crystal
- Grey Mushroom
- Pink Mushroom
- Leaves - same as from Trees and Berries
Nearly Infinite[edit | edit source]
These resources are so numerous in availability that while not technically infinite, there are more of these available on a standard map than a player could realistically use in a single game.
- Dirt - more than anyone could ever use... no, really.
- Coal - initially there is a limited supply of coal blocks that can be harvested in a given map, but this limit is removed once Railroad Constructing tech is unlocked, allowing coal to be crafted. The limit of coal you can produce is tied to the availability of the dirt used to construct it.
Limited[edit | edit source]
These resources and their quantities are set during map generation.
- Iron Ore
- Silver Ore
- Gold Ore
- Mithril Ore
- Crystals - Can be obtained from lowest layer of earth, or from jeweled tiles in the Ancient rooms
Looting Exceptions[edit | edit source]
There are a few exceptions to the above rule for limited resources - most involve loot drops from hostile monsters
- Iron Ore - Some monsters occasionally drop weapons that can be deconstructed (via the crafting window) into iron ore or wood.
- Goblins, Frostlings and their camps occasionally drop an item from an assortment of possibilities. While this does occasionally earn the player a rare or precious ore/gem, the low drop-rate and long respawn time of goblins themselves prevents this from being a viable alternative for obtaining limited resources.