|Keeps the souls of dead dwarves for possible resurrection.|
|Price per Unit||100|
|Tech Needed||Basic Alchemy|
Placement[edit | edit source]
The soul keeper only works if it's installed before the dwarf's death.
It is one of the largest structures dwarfs can craft. It measures 5 blocks wide by 3 blocks tall.
Outside the shelter[edit | edit source]
The soul keeper can be placed inside or outside the shelter. Monsters won't try to destroy it. But if placed on blocks placed by dwarfs, the monsters may try to destroy the these blocks, making the structure fall as an item to be gathered. To avoid this, place the soul keeper on bridges (of any kind), as they're not targeted by monsters.
Removal[edit | edit source]
It may be removed without being destroyed.
If it is removed with dwarf souls inside, the souls will be lost. If there are no souls inside it, the soul keeper may be rearranged with no fear.
Use[edit | edit source]
When a dwarf dies and the player hasn't any soul keeper placed, this dwarf is gone for good. However, if there is an already placed soul keeper, the dwarf's soul flows into this structure. Now, the player has 3 options:
- Ressurect the dead dwarf using a Potion of Resurrection — the same dwarf will respawn at the stockpile;
- Dismiss the dwarf's soul — his/her soul will leave, and a new random dwarf will spawn normally, as though there was no soul keeper;
- Let the soul waiting inside the soul keeper — in this case the population won't regrow.
- The third one may be a good option if the player has no dragon eggs to craft potions of resurrection. If the dead dwarf is a useful one, with a considarable skill development, it may be fair to endure the low population cap until all ingredients are obtained, and the player be able to resurrect the dwarf.
Steps[edit | edit source]
To resurrect a dwarf:
- Open the "Equip menu";
- Scroll the dwarf pages all the way to the right till a soul shows up;
- Select the potion of resurrection slot, in the potions tab;
- Click "Use".
To dismiss a soul:
- Follow steps 1 and 2 above;
- Click the manicule icon ☞ below the soul;
Release soul - Do you want to kick the spirit out?
- Click "Yes".
Crafting recipe[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
|1.4.014||15 Feb 2018||Fixed resurrected dwarfs without clothes.|
|1.3.002||8 Jul 2016||Fixed: the crash caused by incorrect male characters animation after their resurrection.|
|1.2.010||26 Jun 2016||Recipe change: Mithril Ingots were replaced by Mithril Ores.|
|1.2.005||13 Jan 2016||Fixed: ghosts of dwarfs sometimes didn't reach the soul keeper.|
|1.2.001||19 Dec 2015||Introduced.|
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Item name in the inventory. In game files it's referred as:
- Same name and skill progression.