|An ancient creature, subject to no one but the gods. To appease him, make offerings on the altar. If he deems your gifts worthy, then he will generously reward you, but if not — only the gods know what will happen to you.|
The Altar[edit | edit source]
The Underground World have a special altar with a round light and a Keeper of the Altar nearby. Special symbols appear above the altar. Over time, these symbols form a seal. When the seal is complete, Takmak appears. The player may place items on the altar, which will change the color of the round light and the symbols over the altar, denoting a possible Takmak's reaction.
The player can place items on the altar, as he/she was serving food on a table. Items placed cannot be taken back. The maximum number of items placed is nine.
The altar cannot be destroyed and the terrain under it can't be dug.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
When Takmak arrives, there are not 9 items placed on the altar, he'll wait some time for the player to complete the offering. When he finds 9 items placed, he smell the offerings, taking them away, and becomes pleased or enraged.
Pleased[edit | edit source]
When he is pleased he:
- drops ores (coal, iron ore, silver ore, gold ore or mithril ore),
- drops animals(caterpillars and/or not tamed cave beasts), and
- makes plants grow.
Each times this happens, resources and animals are dropped, with no cap number. As for the plants, they get destroyed if they're still there when Takmak arrives, dropping wood, mushroom and resin on the ground.
Enraged[edit | edit source]
When he is enraged he:
- pounds the ground below, turning blocks to sand.
Each time this happens the area of changed blocks increases. Durable blocks like stone will not turn to sand.
Gone[edit | edit source]
Takmak cannot be killed. And killing the Keeper of the Altar has no relation with the advent of Takmak. Killing him will not prevent Takmak from coming.
It is possible though to stop Takmak's visits to the world, by not placing any item on the altar twice consecutively. He will be angry, transforming blocks into sand, and won't return until the player places one more item on the altar.
Items' value[edit | edit source]
- For example, you can give him 8 planks (1 each) + 1 pink crystal (3) = 11. Summary, he will be pleased.
And as the time passes, Takmak's requirements raises up to 20 worth of items.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Takmak's name is a reference to the Takmak Rock, in the Stolby Nature Sanctuary near the city of Krasnoyarsk, in Russia.
History[edit | edit source]
|1.1.010||29 Jun 2015||Takmak stops coming if player didn’t place anything at the altar.|
When player begins placing items at the altar, Takmak arrives again.
|1.1.007||21 May 2015||Introduced (with the Underground World).|
References[edit | edit source]
- Bestiary name of the creature. In game files it is called
- According to the bestiary classification.
- In game files it is called
- Takmak - how to feed the deity. Windessy on Steam. 28 May, 2015.
- Takmak? What kind of name is that?. Craft the World official page on VK (in russian). 7 Jun, 2018.